[Inpycon] Talk Selection

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:53:12 CEST 2011

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>  Shall we then assume 2 parallel talk tracks in the 2 halls ?
>  Considering we have more than 1 room for tutorials,
>  can we think of running 2 parallel tutorial tracks ?
>
>  I think Noufal's suggestion of 1st day being marked for
>  tutorials is a good idea. But in that case we need more than
>  1 room for running say 6-7 tutorials in 1 day.

That's the idea. Use all the halls on 16th for *just* tutorials. The
audience will be different. You can pack more tutorials and people can
pick/choose.

Then, on 17 and 18, do only regular talks in 2 halls (to keep only the
cream of the cream talks). The 3rd hall can be for people to sit around
and code, open spaces with presenters for detailed questions etc.

If someone wants to organise a dedicated BOF or a hackathon/sprint, it
might fit in the open space room. If not, we'll have to find another
room for it.

>  Assuming 2 halls for 2 days I will pick 15*2 => 30 plus a few
>  stand-by talks from the proposals (to allow for cancellations, which
>  always happens) and around 5-6 tutorials.
>
>  Does that sound OK ?

Selected speakers should give us a phone number and sign something in
blood saying that they won't cancel at the last minute without notifying
us.

[...]

--
~noufal