[Inpycon] One more silver sponsor

Navin Kabra navin at smriti.com
Fri Jul 8 07:17:44 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been talking with GS Labs, Pune about sponsoring PyCon India
> and they have agreed to become a silver sponsor with a condition that
> they want to record the videos and publish then on their video
> platform. Which shouldn't be a problem for us.

Very nice.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about the what and why of their
video platform - they will be using their kPoint product (http://kpoint.in)
for this.

> They'll send 2 people to the conference to record the video and
> publish the videos on their platform. They are open to share the raw
> video in any format so that we can upload it to Vimeo/YouTube.  I
> looked their video recordings and the quality looked good.

A few things to think about:
1. Are they aware that there will be parallel tracks - so people and
equipment need to be sized accordingly.
2. For best results, the presentation (the slides) need to be running on a
laptop with kpoint installed on it. And this is a windows-only platform at
this point. We can keep kpoint enabled laptops at each hall, so that
shouldn't be a problem except for speakers who want to use their own laptop
for their presentation. In that case, you'll get just a simple video
recording without the slides - which would be a shame, because slides+video
is what makes kpoint useful/interesting.
3. Are they recording the tutorials? Would the tutorial presenters be OK
with this?

> Is there anything that I need to do before giving a confirmation?

I don't think any of the above are showstoppers for confirmations, so I'm a
+1.