[Inpycon] Financial aid

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 14:00:59 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had an email recently sent to me from a student who has submitted a
> talk.
>
> He was asking me if we provide financial assistance for people who come
> in from outside the state.
>
> We haven't done this so far but if his talk passes the screening and is
> selected, will our budget have something to accomodate him?
>
> This is a bit of a hornets nest but if we restrict it purely to people
> who's talks have been accepted, it might work out.
>
> Thoughts/Suggestions?

I see no issues in providing 2nd class Sleeper or if possible AC fare for
student speakers or academicians, and if there's excess funds you can offer
the  same to all speakers.

This is a pure budget call-- if we have funds only...

Also from an operation point of view, if anything it has to be reimbursed on
showing the ticket receipts after he/she delivers the talk. No advance
payments