[Inpycon] Sponsorships for 2011

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:54:49 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17 2011, kausikram krishnasayee wrote:

>> You've missed wifi. We need to get it done professionally this
>> time. It's annoying when people get a burst of strong signal and the
>> first thing they do is to tweet about how the wifi sucks.
>>
> Oops my bad. most of the telephone operators give you ad hoc connection at
> 512kbps to 2 Mbps for somewhere around 20 - 30 k. i will get the exact
> numbers  by the end of the week. but they will only give you one lead
> setting up the routers would be our onus trying to figure out if someone can
> do that for us a) for free and good will, b) for monies.

If we can get someone reliable to set it up for decent monies, it would
be better. It's an important part of the infrastructure and having
someone paid to "take care of it" is a good thing IMO.

However, 20-30k sounds reasonable (maybe we can offset it a little using
some advertising - wifi sponsored by FooTel etc.). Add that to the
cost.

>> You've also missed out foreign delegates. Since we had one last year, I
>> think people will expect one this year and it's a good boost for the
>> community in general. Bringing and accomodating one person will cost
>> around 1.5L. It will be slightly cheaper if we're considering someone
>> from Europe.
>>
> yeah i did not factor in that cost for a bear bone event, but yes i think
> 1.5 lakhs should be a nice cap on that.

It's the 3rd time we're conducting it so it's not really barebones
anymore. I think we can surely get one.

> Also, you've not factored in the registration costs. We can use that
>> offset the components that will change based on number of participants
>> (e.g. food, swag etc.)
>
> did not factor in these revenues as i wanted to ideally solve all
> event costs with sponsorships.that way the registration revenue can be
> spent on giving of a heavier swag kit.

Possible. But it's nice for accounting if the registration fees offset
all the variable expenses so that it scales well.

Anyway, your numbers look fine to me. Unless someone else points out
something we've missed, I think we can use these to create a simple
sponsorship brochure and send it out to the company.