[Inpycon] Kicking off PyCon India 2011 Preparations

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 10:25:13 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM, kausikram krishnasayee
<kausikram at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
> previously i had written to this mailing list saying that all the
> Engineering Colleges around had been in the middle of their exams and that
> we had little scope of progress in the last month and a half. The exams as
> of now are all over and all the colleges are back into a relaxed mood.
>
> Also,
> this is a good time to start off on work regarding the actual conference
> and hence this email, which is a a general call for volunteers to start work
> on PyCon India 2011.
>
> Our activities can be broadly classified into work at ground (setting up
> the venue getting wifi connectivity, arranging for food etc etc) and a set
> of related activities that can be performed on the internet/phone
> (sponsorship, website admins, speakers coordination etc)
>
> Following this email, two emails will be sent to this group calling for
> volunteers in each of these segments. we would encourage active
> participation from as many people as possible lets all join together and
> contribute to pycon india 2011.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Kaushik. It is about time we started off
our
preparations, so I am happy that the thinking has started.

The Bangalore coordinators including myself can help out with the work
"off the ground" such as Sponsorships, Talks co-ordination etc.

I think we should get the website for Pycon 2011 in order as one of the
initial tasks and send out call for talk proposals by March 2011. This
gives us ample time to select and review the talks rather than doing
a rush-hour job like I had to do last year cuz we were late with the CFP.

Thanks,

--Anand

> Cheers,
> kausik