[Inpycon] Necessity of foreign delegates. Was Re: Notes from InPyCon planning meeting of local Pune Team

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 06:39:41 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sponsoring teams to work on python is probably a good idea but
> unrelated to the conference and i'm not sure if it is fair to use the
> money we raise for organizing the conference for something else.

Pardon my conventional programming. But if money from bucket A can be
put to use in bucket B and both buckets have similar target
communities and intents, I do not see an issue so long as people agree
that the expenditure is useful.

FWIW, I believe the goal of Pycon India is to create a vibrant python
ecosystem rather than just limited to holding a conference.