[Inpycon] Necessity of foreign delegates. Was Re: Notes from InPyCon planning meeting of local Pune Team

Lakshmi Vyas lakshmi.vyas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 06:30:23 CET 2011

> Anyways it seems we rely on the foreign delegate to provide an
> overall enthusiasm building keynote rather than some hardcore python
> elucidation.

Here are some thoughts:

1. 	Are there people in India that can open the conference with first hand
	information / interesting tidbits about past, present or future of python?
2.	Can the person coming in do both? Open the keynote with a non technical
	but informative and interesting keynote and later give a super technical talk?

> From an expenditure review
> perspective (how many miles does a rupee go to promote python), I have
> a feeling that such an expenditure could be better suited to
> supporting the growth of python in India.

I think the primary goal of a conference is to disperse information and provide
interactions that would otherwise be improbable. I  think of the cost as a
necessity rather than an expenditure. We are inviting a foreign delegate not
because  they are foreign but because they are core python developers / community
members.

Thanks
Lakshmi.