[Inpycon] Will be largely away for two days

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 11:13:09 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16 2011, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
>

> [...]
>
> > Actually, some activity in the mailing list is not a bad thing. It gives
> > a feeling we are doing something (and hopefully we *are*), and keep
> > people interested.
>
> Not automated emails.

Ah, well, didn't realize those 50+ unread emails showing from "Dhananjay
Nene" were
automated emails! I had kept them for reading and replying later :)

I agree with you.

> People grow desensitized and don't bother reading things (filter, delete
> on arrival etc.) if there's a regular stream of mails that they can
> ignore.

Other side of the coin - once they do that, they kind of actively
wait for the next non-automated human email, if they are interested
in the list. At least I do this on gmail consistently after purging those
regular "update" emails from banks etc.

> [...]

--Anand