[Inpycon] Foreign delegates

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Wed Feb 16 09:49:30 CET 2011

Hi,

On 02/16/2011 01:41 PM, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> [...snip...]
> My thoughts.
>
> A highly focussed technical talk is not ideal for a keynote. It will be
> interesting and useful but too heavy for a keynote. We need one person
> who is familiar with the community and the general state of things for
> the keynote (this is the reason we got David last time).
>
> [...snip...]
> So, in short, the priority list as far as I can tell is
>
> 1. Core community people (Holden, Kuchling etc.)
> 2. Project community people (Jacob Kaplan-Moss etc.)
> 3. Core technical people (Raymond, Antoine etc.)
>
> We can go down the list based on their availabilities and can select
> multiple people if our budget allows it.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree. Just curious since I wasn't paying attention do we have a 'theme' for
the conference in general ? I liked David's keynote last year and it set the
tempo for the event. I would summarize last year's 'feel' as being a 'get
involved with python' event and David's talk was IMHO a good fit (whether
intentional or not). So, maybe thinking in terms of a theme for this year's
event may help narrow the choice for the keynote speaker.

I apologize if this has already been discussed. Feel free to hit me with a
loaded URL to the thread.

cheers,
- steve
--