[Inpycon] venue

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 03:06:27 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 18:10 +0530, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> I will be flat out frank then.

frankness is appreciated. I will be frank also. I want the conference to
take place. Nothing was happening on the Chennai front. The only thing I
can offer is Coimbatore. I offered it. That's all I can do.

> If we are going to invite someone from
> abroad
>  as I think we would like to do, I would rather prefer a city where we
> can
>  go around a bit, have some fun and has a wide choice when it comes
>  to cuisine etc. Correct me if I am wrong, but my personal belief is
> that
>  Coimbatore for all its good qualities, is lacking here.

when were you last in Coimbatore?
>  I am not very sure
>  it is good advertisement for the conference at this early stages.
>
>  Also, since we expect a lot of delegates from central-North India,
>  wouldn't it be better to have a more central and well-connected
> location
>  which has a more cosmopolitan mix of people ?

If you look at the past two conferences, participation from
central-North India was minimal. The bulk of the delegates were from
Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Coimbatore and Kerala.

> I would like to also point out that being obstinately repeating
> Coimbatore
> is good, great, fine etc doesn't make it so. You seem to believe that
> hammering a point down the throat of others, makes it by default
> a valid and accepted one.

this is pretty insulting. It implies something that I have not done. I
have every right to make a bid for a city - and every right to point out
the facilities it has. I am sure Pune and Chennai would do the same. And
so does every city in the world that bids for anything. In fact, it is
not only pretty insulting but highly insulting. If you are not happy
with the bid, you can vote against it. Comments of this nature are
highly uncalled for.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves