[Inpycon] venue

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Wed Feb 9 09:19:08 CET 2011

Hi,

On 02/09/2011 01:03 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> [...snip...]
> I do not think so - the Mumbai,Pune, Hyderabad and Kerala guys will be
> there even if we host in pattiveeranpatti ;-). As will the hardcore
> people from Bangalore and Chennai. I would not know about Delhi, as
> there was little participation from there in the last two conferences.
> As already mentioned there will be a large number of not-so-newbie
> students and professionals from Kerala.

Actually the way I see it, the problem is not so much about getting people to
attend. I agree with Kenneth and others who think those who are interested would
come irrespective of location.

However, IMHO, the biggest factor in deciding the location is about getting
enough people on the ground to organize the conference. I live in Pune and yet
didn't come forward to suggest Pune because although we /do/ have a large number
of professional pythonistas, the group by itself is not active enough to commit
itself to organizing a conference (again, that's IMHO. I don't say this as a
negative thing -- people have different commitments -- though as far as having
enough members who could possibly be active in making it happen is concerned; it
is sad, but honestly, we in the python-pune group aren't there yet).

All that said, I am neutral as far as location goes. I don't mind Coimbatore nor
Chennai nor do I mind returning back to Bangalore.

cheers,
- steve

--
random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/