[Inpycon] venue

kausikram krishnasayee kausikram at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 08:09:34 CET 2011

> The cons
>        - Stepping on toes since there's already some work that was done
>          in Chennai.
>        - The city is not as well known as a metro so facilities and
>          things might be limited (this is a guess).
>        - No active Python community in Coimbatore.
> What do the others feel?
> Either way, we should *decide* on a venue before 15th of Feb and get
> things moving.

In a way i have to agree with what Kenneth said, there has been little
activity that has been happening here offlate. there was a call for a local
usergroup meeting to take stock of the situation but sadly there was just
once signup.

As far as venues are concerned well we had put forward a shortlist with the
pros and cons. Rajalakshmi Engineering College was ready to host it, but
then the discussions in this thread ended in stalemate. Meanwhile i had also
tried writing in to Loyola's new engineering college but i havent got any
response from them yet. And we still havent got a website thats updated that
we can show of to our potential venues.

As far as Dates are concerned i though we already agreed upon Sept 24th and
25th as it did not clash with any of the festivals.

Finally, i assure you that no egos will be hurt if the conference is moved
to another city. What i would appreciate though is that if we can take a
call on Rajalakshmi Engineering College. then fixing up a venue is a phone
call away.

cheers,
kausik

--