[Inpycon] venue

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 07:59:18 CET 2011

2011/2/8 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Feb 07 2011, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
>

> [...]
>

>> If we can take a decision on this I can assure you that we can fix the
>> venue and dates by the 20th of feb and move on to more important
>> things.  I realise I am stepping on some Chennai toes in proposing
>> this, but the long silence from that end is not encouraging at all.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I'm neutral about this. My only thing is that I *don't* want it to be in
> Bangalore again (not for a few years anyway).
>
> The pros as far as I can see.
>        - You and Jaganadh being there who can steer this from
>          Coimbatore.
>        - Weather is better than Chennai (from what I've been told).
>
> The cons
>        - Stepping on toes since there's already some work that was done
>          in Chennai.
>        - The city is not as well known as a metro so facilities and
>          things might be limited (this is a guess).
>        - No active Python community in Coimbatore.
>
> What do the others feel?
>
> Either way, we should *decide* on a venue before 15th of Feb and get
> things moving.

my -1 for Coimbatore.

I don't see a point in organizing the conference in a city where there
is no active user base.

We chose chennai because chennaipy was the most active python
usergroup in India after bangpypers. If chennai folks are unable to
take it up, we should probably give a chance to pune if there is
someone willing to lead (again because there is a good python user
base there). If not, we should go again for Bangalore.

Anand