[Inpycon] accomadations

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:13:36 CEST 2011

I was able to talk to Hotel Shreyas and they were prepared to offer a
15% discount for 10-12 rooms on their rack rate
(http://www.hotelshreyas.in/tariff.htm).

Its going to be an interesting challenge - since most large hotels in
pune are on the peripheries (and in fact a lot of them are the
Mariott, Westin kind, so quite pricey). While there are lots of hotels
in the area near the venue, most of them are rather small in size (<
50 rooms). So these hotels anyways have a good occupancy and even if
one wanted to do a bulk deal, the number of rooms they can rent out is
rather small. There's one really huge Mariott just 5 mins walks away
from the venue, but I doubt if many (or for that matter any :) ) are
interested in the same.

I would suggest people do go ahead with making reservations. Even if
you call up another hotel from the list, I suspect 10-15% discount
might be had by just negotiating a bit (though that could vary from
hotel to hotel).

Dhananjay