[Inpycon] venue

Navin Kabra navin at smriti.com
Tue Aug 16 11:20:03 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> >From our experience of last year, talks held at a different building
> > in the same campus also can confuse the hell out of people - unless
> > there are proper directions and volunteers ready to help and guide.
> >
> > I suggest we keep all talks/tuts in the same venue so that we
> > avoid making it difficult for people who are attending different
> > talks, one in one building and the next in a faraway one.
> >
> > If possible, all rooms in the same building itself - that is the
> > best possible configuration.
>
> [...]
>
> Failing that, a prominent map (printed out on A4 paper) at multiple
> places in the venue with directions to the halls.

1. No, having all rooms in the same building is not possible
2. We do plan on having a prominent map and directions to halls in multiple
places at the venue
3. We were aware of this issue when looking at the venues, and decided to go
ahead with this venue in spite of the problem of halls divided across
multiple buildings - because of the other benefits that this venue afforded.

navin.