[Inpycon] Recording Pycon Presentations using HTML5-Slidecasting

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:46:26 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Narendra Sisodiya <
narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:

> does this interest anybody ?
> Video-Slidecasting using HTML5
>
> http://blog.narendrasisodiya.com/2011/07/html5-based-video-slidecasting-demo.html
> You can see demo too -
> http://code.narendrasisodiya.com/video-slidecast/demo.html
> Video inside demo is not having good resolution but I guess you can sense
> technology and not resolution. Display Resolution and CSS can be changed.

yes it does before that you better read this
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2011-July/004647.html  thread and
understand what all has  happened thus far.

how can one make these slidecasts , what all would you need to cover the the
talks http://in.pycon.org/2011/talks , i think once the schedule is out you
will know how many rooms to be covered etc , now coming to the logistics and
i know there are some points which you will be sensitive about

1)What all is needed to create something like this ?
2)We will be needing volunteers to cover the talks in every hall or you will
install some software in the presenters machine.
3)Be warned that the presenters in this event come with multiple flavors of
 operating systems including windows. will your capture software work on
them to?
4 ) i saw some announcement for open space
http://in.pycon.org/2011/blog/9-launching-into-open-space but this work may
be way OT for your kind of work.

So lets start gathering information on how to and what to answering all the
questions then you can talk to the organizers here .

-Satya

fossevents.in