[Inpycon] When are we opening the CFP?

Roshan Mathews rmathews at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:28:34 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:16, Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com> wrote:
> I prefer to sometimes delay specifically flagging off a clear intent as a
> decision until whats termed as the Last Responsible Moment. I was unaware
> that the CFP issuance would be that moment and shall seek to get that
> clarified later. Thats probably resulting in the ambiguity that you are
> feeling - the indecision you referred to. I hope that is clarified.

Fair enough, I was just curious to what you were thinking.  Glad you
explained your thinking, deferring decisions seems okay if we're clear
about it.

> I also strongly believe that either all should get paid or no one should get
> paid - equal policy for all tutorial conductors. I am not sure if volunteers
> would mind it if later on it was communicated that they would be getting
> paid .. but I could stand surprised on that one.

I might be wrong, but what I was thinking was that there will be lots
of volunteers to take tutorials, but the difference between a
volunteer tutorial and a paid one isn't just the money involved. So if
you change somewhere down the line, people who volunteered a few hours
of their time, now will have the responsibility of organizing
materials, notes etc. which they might not have planned to do earlier
on.  But like I said, I might be very wrong.

If everyone is more comfortable with the idea of volunteer tutorials,
I'd suggest (again, it's your call of course) that we just go with
that.  If things work out great, fantastic, we've learned first hand
that it can be done.  If not, with the two year cycle, Pune gets
another shot at trying out tutorials.  Win-win.

--
http://about.me/rosh