[Inpycon] Minutes of a meeting that took place today

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 06:27:59 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 20 2011, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

>>> Any decisions about the price?
>>
>> Its going to be nominal  ₹ 150 - 200 /- . No final decision is taken
>> on the exact amount.
>> The price is just to filter out the serious ones from the ones who
>> just dropping by.
>
> Noise can be filtered by the conference fee. I didn't understand why
> there is a need for additional filtration.
>
> Is it possible to attend the tutorials and not pay for the conference?

[...]

I don't think putting a token amount to filter noise *just* for the
tutorials makes much sense. The conference reg. fees should do that.
I agree with Anand.

The tutorials are charged so that
        1. People have high expectations.
        2. People receive materials and stuff.
        3. The conference makes some money
        4. The conference can get commercial quality training done by
           professional trainers and actually pay them cash to do so.

In the US system, you *have* to register for the conference regardless
of what you're planning to attend. Then, if you want to attend
tutorials, you have to pay per tutorial (with some discounts if you're
taking more than one). Commercial trainings are expensive an this is a
way to get good ones for lower costs.

If we are asking for money, I think we should consider these points.

Thanks