[Inpycon] Adding IPSS logo to website (was: Tutorials)

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:02:48 CEST 2011

2011/4/19 Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 13:52 +0530, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
>> > The dates have been finalized as 16/17/18 September. 16th will be
>> the
>> > tutorials day, and 17/18 the main conference days.
>>
>> Updated the website.
>>
>> http://in.pycon.org/2011/
>>

> could we have IPSS in the right column as organiser?

I'm a bit worried that adding IPSS as organizer as it might give a
wrong impression that this is not a community conference.

Look at the US PyCon website. There is no logo of PSF put on the
website. I see mention of PSF only on the home page as "The Python
Software Foundation is proud to present...".

http://us.pycon.org/2011/home/

I'm not against having the logo on the website, but I think we should
phrase it correctly so that it gives the right impression.

Anand