[Inpycon] Tutorials

Roshan Mathews rmathews at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 03:57:43 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 05:01, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 23:20 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> Also, can someone check with the venue whether they have problems with
>> us taking payments for the tutorials (if we are i.e.).
>
> this has to be confirmed first - if they are not going to allow
> 'commercial' activity we have to know *now*.

Why is this any more 'commercial' than the conference itself?  We
didn't ask them if they have a problem with us selling tickets for
attendees.  Would they have a problem if we paid the conference
speakers (in cash? or free food/drinks/books?)

I'm +1 for paid tutorials - tutors feel more obliged to present
better, someone takes care of the digital/printed notes/exercies, plus
we know how much interest there *really* is for a tutorial - but
that's just me.  This should probably be put to a vote, and say
Dhananjay takes a call by tomorrow evening.

Roshan

--
http://about.me/rosh