[Inpycon] Preparations for Pycon India 2011

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:40:56 CET 2010

Hi,

   It is about a month and a week since Pycon India 2010.
We have had the rest and the feedback.

I guess it is time to kick start the plans of action for
Pycon India 2011. I see that there is already some discussions
on the venue. Here are my suggestions, not in any particular
order of importance.

1. We need a spearhead for Pycon India 2011 in the same role
as Noufal, but based in Chennai, who can actually do the
co-ordination on the ground. The chennai folks need to do
this ASAP. If Noufal himself can take this up initially, great,
but I guess when things actually start to take shape on hand,
we do need someone locally.

2. A show of hands of folks, who would be running the show
from Chennai. It is useful to know who are the people involved
IMHO.

3. Draw up a plan of action with approximate deadlines to each,
put this up in a wiki page and the "co-ordinator-in-chief" needs to
follow this up. I am not going into details now.

4. Feedback from Pycon India 2010 formalized and put up on
a wiki page - I will be doing this in a week.

5.  Get the branding right. We need to decide on a single
"logo" and theme early on - these discussions need to happen
in parallel with the actual conference grounds-stuff discussions.

6. I suggest a separate mailing list purely for conference organizers
apart from this one which anyone interested in the conference can
listen in. I will get this done in a week, if there is consensus. This will
require permission to join and won't be open.

Please speak up and be part of the discussions and let me know
what everyone thinks about these suggestions.

Thanks,

--
--Anand