[Inpycon] Fwd: Sponsorships from IITB

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu May 27 08:27:25 CEST 2010

On Thursday 27 May 2010 11:32:53 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > Things like better talks will come
> > as the community grows and matures. Sprints will take place once the
> > local community has something to sprint about.
>
> I think his intention is that there should be sprints where there's
> one or two senior more experienced people and a group of less
> experienced but talented people who contribute some code or docs back
> to the community. Fix bugs. You know the drill.

it has been conclusively proved that code cannot be written to order - has
never happened and never will happen. (last year's fiasco at Nimhans is one
more proof of that). It just goes against a hacker's nature to be told to turn
up at a particular time and place and write code. Sprints grow out of need -
and as far as I can see, there is no compelling need for a sprint on any
project where a significant number of local people are involved. (I am having a
sprint next week with a couple of my collaborators, for the simple reason that
too much crud has appeared which can only be cleared by a f2f - mail and IRC
just cannot cut it)
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves