[Inpycon] Fwd: Sponsorships from IITB

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu May 27 07:46:18 CEST 2010

On Thursday 27 May 2010 11:02:01 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> >  Not sure what he was trying to say here. I thought the conference
> >  was being organized by the Python community for the Python community.
> >  He should be more clear as to what kind of sprints and tutorials
> >  he expects, not just give a link.
>
> I think he means something more concrete than a "we held PyCon". There
> should be something tangible which actually helps the community to
> grow. Lots of simple talks and everyone patting themselves on the back
> won't really help.

pycon helps the community to grow - there were a lot of tangible results - and
hidden results from the last conference. The sheer volume of mail on this list
is proof of that. And we even got to make an all India society without any
splits or squabbling (a new Indian record). Things like better talks will come
as the community grows and matures. Sprints will take place once the local
community has something to sprint about. In fact, this is the first time I have
seen a confence where mailing list traffic has *increased* after the conference.
Usually there is deafening silence from the last day of the confence onwards.

At the same time, the sponsors have to show something concrete to the people
who give them the funds - so in return for their support we should produce
some videos, dvds or whatever.

and not lose sight of the fact that the main aim of the conference is to have
fun with fellow pythonistas ...
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves