[Inpycon] Sponsorships for PyCon India 2010

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:09:11 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

The letter for MSRIT is ready and Anil has agreed to follow up. We'll
deal with that as things come.

The next important thing is the sponsorships. I've reduced the venue
amount to 20k (incidentals) on
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/BudgetEstimates

I've also deducted the amount for foreign delegates from the total
(although I've left it in for the item). I've done this because Anand
is pursuing PSF sponsorship for a foreign delegate.

Now, we need to worry about sponsors. The tiers page is up at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/SponsorShipTiers (thanks
Anand) and while a little spare, workable. It would be nice if people
can offer suggestions for benefits which the sponsors will have.  This
page will finally have to fleshed out into a "sponsorship brochure"
which we can send to various companies so blurb (e.g., "PyCon India is
blah blah.. .etc.) is necessary.

The other page relevant to sponsors is
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/SponsorShip which contains
lists of potential sponsors. So the action plan is this.

  - Open the account (Santhosh will mail the cheque to Kenneth soon
and the account can be opened)
  - Get the brochure ready with the tiers and blurb [Can folks on the
list take a look at the page to see if there's anything missing and if
it's reasonable?]
  - Enumerate the companies we can talk to and get one person per
sponsor who will be the contact point. [If you have any contacts with
the companies listed, please put your name on the site. If you know
more, please add]
  - Follow up and close the accounts.

I've CCed Vijay and Jaganadh who are our sponsorship coordinators.

Vishal,
  I've CCed you since you mentioned you might have some time to help with this.
Thanks.

--
~noufal