[Inpycon] PyCon India 2010 venue : MSRIT vs. RVCE

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Sun May 16 10:22:51 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM, anil kumar <anil.kumar.848 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM, kausikram krishnasayee <
> kausikram at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]all I can say is that traffic is not a valid criterion for most of us
>>> in India[...]
>>>
>> +1 this is a pan India event, lots of us are coming in from various
>> cities. traffic should be the last of our concerns.
>>
>> on the other hand what we really need to see is can we have a champion of
>> our cause inside MSRIT. we sure do have one in RVCE. if our touch point at
>> MSRIT has not bought in to our cause, then i am seriously worried.
>>

> Sir we take this conference as our privilege and are seriously inclined to
> making it a success.
>

>> as the days progress we would require to do a lot of pre-event stuff at
>> the venue and our contact point has to be passionate enough
>> to accommodate us and help us in every way possible. if that passion is
>> missing then a few calls down our contact point is going to loose interest
>> to the point of even turning hostile.
>> i am talking about the worst case scenario, and most of the times Murphy's
>> law favours such scenarios.
>>
>> there is a simple test. calling attn: people who went and touched base
>> with MSRIT. with your informed knowledge do you think our point of contact
>> would be happy to take in a call at an odd hour, requesting some (if not
>> major) change of arrangements at the venues? for say an extra projector or a
>> mic?
>> if yes, can the person take the same call, lets say 5 times? for 5
>> different(yet small) things?
>>
>> if yes. then we have a champion and we are safe with MSRIT.
>>

> we assure you that any requirements will be taken care of , and it is our
> conference now we will make all efforts to make things possible.

meet the following staff in your college , they are also ready to help you
 ... in any events like the currently planned or for any of the FOSS
activity

Raghavan (MCA ), Chethan ( MCA ) Shashidhar( ISE), Ramana gowda ( CSE) ,
Shridhar ( ISE ) also you can count Dr Suresh Kumar who is HOD of MCA dept

these are the faculties in MSRIT who are ready to help with any
co-ordination , go and meet Mr Raghavan of MCA dept whom i spoke and other
are those whom he know who are of similar frame of mind