[Inpycon] PyCon India 2010 venue : MSRIT vs. RVCE

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sat May 15 20:35:36 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> Noufal,
>
> My suggestion (and please note it's just a  suggestion only) is that
> somebody from core committee of the society must visit RVCE campus and also
> meet up discuss with Sree who has already been to MSRIT, and then take a
> call on this after very carefully evaluating all the criteria, and then
> annouce a decision. May be someone should then call Kenneth on the phone,
> and have a chat with him too.

Baiju has visited RV and has already stated everything quite clearly
on the list. Sree has visited MSRIT and mentioned his points here. We
discuss the points here and then decide. It's not something that Sree
and Baiju should privately discuss and decide.

> I'd also request you to close this thread, and take the call through a call
> limited within the office bearers.

Looks like that's what we'll have to finally do. I just want people to
raise their concerns upfront (like you have) rather than whine *after*
we decide on the venue and go ahead.

Atleast we're much better than we were a week ago. We have just 2
venues shortlisted (RV and MSRIT) and are definitely going to pick one
of them.

--
~noufal