[Inpycon] PyCon India 2010 venue : MSRIT vs. RVCE

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu May 6 08:57:31 CEST 2010

On Thursday 06 May 2010 12:06:46 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> It doesn't do any harm.

it does harm - selection of Bangalore over Chennai for the venue was done on
the basis of 64 - 34 of the first 100 votes. Although we all accepted this, it
did not leave a very pleasant taste in the mouth. To be meaningful, a survey
should permit only one vote per person, the persons should register to vote,
his registration has to be accepted. We did one such poll for chennai lug once
where only members of the mailing list could cast precisely one vote per head.
And it worked like a charm. (we also had another poll where someone gamed the
system for fun and we had well over a thousand votes!). I am very strongly
against this type of thing.

--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves