[Inpycon] MSRIT as Venue

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Thu May 6 08:26:18 CEST 2010

Hi Adarsh,

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Adarsh J <adarsh at vrglinug.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Kenneth
> Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
>> I noted the 'GNU' in the users group that has volunteered. I hope in the
>> event of this event being hosted by them, mac users, windows users and
>> proprietary application users will not be harassed.
>
> LOL! We are passionate about the technology and brand name really does not
> matter for students like us... I can give you cent percent assurance of
> nothing like that would happen :)!

IMHO, you should avoid "GNU" banner as this conference will definitely involve
proprietary stuff. Any hard-core GNU person who understand the GNU philosophy
will resist this: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html

You may use "Computer Science Department" or MSRIT itself as the name, but
not the "GNU" brand.  GNU is not really about being "passionate about
the technology"
It's really about the "brand name".  I hope you got the idea.

Regards,
Baiju M