[Inpycon] MSRIT as Venue

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Wed May 5 16:14:27 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai <
abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2010/5/5 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:
>> > Okay. Now we have an option.
>> >
>> > We've come quite far with RV. I think if we just settle on that, we'd
>> > get this over with and done. The Baiju-Renuka Prasad link we have
>> > trumps the facilities mentioned in the email below I feel.
>> >
>> > What do you all feel?
>>
>> I think it is worth preferring MSRIT over RV.
>>
>> Reasons:
>>
>> * it is in the middle of the city
>> * wifi is already available (it is tough to get wifi working otherwise)
>> * more importantly, proposal came come the students of the institute.
>> So we'll get lot of volunteers to help us there.
>>
>> Also, we should appreciate the enthusiasm of the students who have
>> come forward with this offer. Remember that for R V College, we have
>> approached them.
>>
>> +1 for MSRIT.
>>

>  Location and traffic wise it is better. If we can convert the
> student enthusiasm to actual ground level support, this
> can work out well.
>
> Personally, I am ok with either venues.

I'd prefer MSRIT over RVCE. It's anyway 10 mis from IISC.

I have had very bad experience reaching RVCE in mornings. I am  against
holding it  in RVCE! However someone staying JP nagar would also have
similar thoughts about MSRIT.

I would any day prefer a place that's central to everyone rather than these
two places. That's irrespective of where you stay in bangalore you must be
able to reach within an hour using public transport.

I completely understand that for someone who's travelling in from outside
the city, the venue doesn't matter, and it matters more for someone residing
in the city, as they need to travel more from their homes.

The only place which I know is central and may come within our budgets could
be St Josephs college. I am going there on Friday to take a look. This is
off  Residency Road, and is most accessible to just about anyone staying at
any part of Bangalore.