[Inpycon] [BangPypers] Feb user group meeting

|| स्वक्ष || vid at svaksha.com
Fri Mar 5 14:54:06 CET 2010

CC'ing the inpycon organizers list.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 21:21, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shall we meet on March 7? It's a little short notice. I can give a
> quick update about PyCon Atlanta and we can lay the plans for our own
> event later this year. We're already late. The whole thing should take

I would love to attend and share pycon related stuff but mar7 is not feasible.

> about 40 minutes. I'd recommend that everyone interested in being part
> of PyCon India attend. The folks from Chennai are keen on holding it
> there but some of the general matters like sponsorships etc. will be
> venue agnostic so a discussion will not be entirely fruitless.

I was asked if we have tentative dates (which needs a venue I'd guess)
for the Chennai event, as folks coming to India like to sync their
schedules and book early. Can someone from Chennai pipe in with
tentative date and venue suggestions please.

Fwiw, Pycon has a policy of holding two pycon events at the same venue
consecutively. This means that pycon 2011 will also be in Atlanta.
2012 and 2013 are CA and iirc, they will start the bidding process for
2014 and 2015 soon.

Maybe we need to plan something along those lines or atleast discuss
cities, how and where to hold future events. It might help if we asked
various lug lists, so folks may pitch in ideas.

--
|| vid | http://svaksha.com ||