[Inpycon] Meeting minutes

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 19:25:31 CEST 2010

We met up today at the Indian coffee house on Church Street.

Here are my minutes from the meeting. If I've missed something, please
add it here, I will follow up with the other emails that need to be
sent.

                            [2010-06-19]
                            ============

Author: noufal
Date: 2010-06-19 22:53:20 IST

Table of Contents
=================
1 Meeting minutes
   1.1 Attendees
   1.2 Points raised
   1.3 Action items
       1.3.1 Site needs work. Needs some CSS/layout love.
       1.3.2 CFP to be sent individually to all of last years
delegates encouraging
       1.3.3 Create official twitter account and advertise using it.
       1.3.4 Formalise review committee and put up the names on the site.
       1.3.5 Accept proposals from IIT-B.
       1.3.6 Art work
       1.3.7 Magazines
       1.3.8 Site is incomplete
       1.3.9 PyCon roadshow
       1.3.10 BangPypers archives
       1.3.11 Mail some Python specific lists
       1.3.12 Talk to canonical.
   1.4 Upcoming tasks
       1.4.1 Make sure we have decent power strips.
       1.4.2 Wifi
       1.4.3 Outsmart360

1 Meeting minutes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.1 Attendees
==============
   - Nitin Kumar
   - Satish
   - Santhosh
   - Sidu
   - Noufal
   - Anand P.
   - Vijay

1.2 Points raised
==================
   - No "Buzz"
   - Not enough proposals coming in
   - Not enough publicity

1.3 Action items
=================

1.3.1 Site needs work. Needs some CSS/layout love.
    - Anand P. has some suggestions from 3rd parties. Will connect him
      and Abhishek
    - The site needs to have information on how many talks have been
      submitted so far. Encourages people to submit more.

1.3.2 CFP to be sent individually to all of last years delegates encouraging
    - Noufal will send the csv with details to Anand P. who'll do the
      'distribution'.

1.3.3 Create official twitter account and advertise using it.
    - Tweet when a new proposal is submitted
    - Tweet when site is updated
    - Tweet now and then to keep it going.

1.3.4 Formalise review committee and put up the names on the site.
    - Reviewers from abroad help publicity.

1.3.5 Accept proposals from IIT-B.
-----------------------------------
    - Their interests are different from other sponsors
    - We can sell them a sleeve of the T-shirt for a small logo.

1.3.6 Art work
---------------
* T-shirt design
 - We need a catchy T-shirt. There's time so we'll open it out to
   the list.
 - We'll also publicise asking for artists (pay if necessary) to
   get a good one.
* Ad banners
 - We need an "Ad banner" which people can put up on their
   sites/blogs to publicise the event.
* Badges
 - We need some badges that people can put up on their sites.
   Two are already at
   [http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/Badges]

1.3.7 Magazines
----------------
    - We need to publicise the event in Magazines. Some that came up
      were Silicon India, LFY, Smart techie and even TOI.
    - People with contacts and stuff need to be sought out.
    - Anand will talk to LFY.

1.3.8 Site is incomplete
-------------------------
    - A lot of the important stuff is on the wiki.python.org site
      rather than the main site (e.g. SponsorshipTiers). This needs
      to be moved.

1.3.9 PyCon roadshow
---------------------
    - Weekend classes, smaller events at colleges etc. which will be
      used to publicise the event.
    - MSRIT asked for something similar as part of being the venue sponsor.

1.3.10 BangPypers archives
---------------------------
    - Look through the email archives to fish out

1.3.11 Mail some Python specific lists
---------------------------------------
    - Find lists in India which are interested in Python and mail them.
    - Sidu will fish out the lists and mail them to Nitin/Satish.

1.3.12 Talk to canonical.
--------------------------
    - They might be interested in sponsoring.

1.4 Upcoming tasks
===================
   These are other things that need to be taken care of but perhaps
   not immediately.

1.4.1 Make sure we have decent power strips.
    - Sidu says that this was a big problem last year.

1.4.2 Wifi
-----------
    - Since we have internet at the college, we need wifi equipment.
    - Sidu says that Thought Works might be able sponsor this if we ask.
    - Talk to Sriram about this

1.4.3 Outsmart360
    - They might be able to do the T-shirt design. It will be
      paid. If we can't get any from the list to come up with some
      stuff.

--
~noufal