[Inpycon] CFP draft for review

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 14:30:11 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> did a test
>
> On Thursday 10 June 2010 17:32:59 Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> > 1. Duration - Since we accept only 30/45 mins talk, why note make this
> > a drop down with only these 2 choices ?
>
> yes, needed
> > 2. I had added "Description" in the CFP for detailed outline for
> reviewers
> > plus notes. It is not possible to review a proposal with just a summary
> > which we say should not be more than 100 words. This is required
> > in the interface.
> > 3. Can we have a "topic" category which lists the main topics I have
> > in the CFP which the user can select then ?
>
> again needed
> > 4. Does it make sense to generate a unique ID for a talk that is
> > submitted ?
> >

> there is no verification of the email address submitted - I put an invalid
> one
> and it was accepted. Also I wonder if there is any protection against bots
> submitting talks - we *do* have people around who enjoy exposing such
> vulnerabilities ;-)
>
> and I just submitted a blank form - that went through also. Apparently
> there
> is no verification set up so far.

Oh, so it was you who did it :)

Can we use simple verification like an email regex at least ?
I am not sure how tough this is, but seems easier with javascript
since it is quite common now a days.

For bots, a CAPTCHA is needed. Perhaps we can have a simple
one like what they use at wiki.python.org ? A few random questions
that cycle and the user has to enter the answer ?

There is no need of a complicated image CAPTCHA for this.

> --
> Regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Senior Associate