[Inpycon] mapping party at the PyCon India

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Jul 12 10:42:33 CEST 2010

hi,

the openstreetmap uses Python to a large extent in it's tools - geodjango for
one, python-mapnik for another, and practically everywhere else. Pythonistas
who are also OSM members are planning a mapping party to coincide with the
conference. The details are here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Inpycon_2010_Bangalore

In this context, on behalf of the Indian OSM community, I have the following
requests:
1. give the above link in a page devoted to satellite events around the
conference
2. give our map also in the 'map' link for the venue. The embedded html is
here:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"
src="http://www.openstreetmap.org/export/embed.html?bbox=77.55854,13.02517,77.57427,13.03711&layer=mapnik"
href="http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=13.03114&lon=77.566405&zoom=15&layers=B000FTFT">View
Larger Map</a></small>

3. if there are going to be stalls - please give us one

4. and, of course, tweet about it.

as we have a few extra instruments, non-mappers who would like to learn,
please book them - first come first served. There is a real possibility of
having a sprint on some python related matter of importance to OSM.
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves