[Inpycon] Cheatshirt.

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:42:41 CEST 2010

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> What does everyone feel about a T-shirt like this
>> http://store.xkcd.com/xkcd/#LinuxCheatShirt ?
>>
>> I think they're a lot more interesting than just a T-shirt with a slogan
>> on it but then people have threatened to physically harm me for my
>> sartorial tastes.
>>

> +1 for a Python Cheat Shirt. It could be a tremendous
> marketing boost since none seems to have done something
> like it in any Python conf yet.

Ah. I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Good good.  The only
thing I've seen of this kind in the US PyCon was a "cheat mug" from
Sauce Labs.

> I can help with the list of cheats and tricks.

Cool. One thing that I frequently have to refer back to manual pages for
are the various format specifiers. Some of them that come to mind are.
 - Logging formatter keys.
 - String formatting specifiers (especially the .format thing with the
   new strings).
 - struct/array module type specifiers.

Apart from that, we could have idioms like "Reverse a string with
x[::-1]" etc.

[...]