[Inpycon] Office Bearers { from the previous thread }

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Jan 18 11:18:30 CET 2010

On Monday 18 Jan 2010 3:41:23 pm Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> > I had suggested the following names sometime last year, and no one really
> > commented.... I think someone seconded the nominations
> >
> > Kenneth --President
> > Noufal-Secretary
> > Treasurer -- Sreekanth of Mahiti
> >
> > I had recommended Anand B for a VP role and he had refused if my memory
> > serves correct....
>
>  I have been nominated for a PSF board position last year, which, if
>  everything goes well as usual procedure (!), will be accepted after
>  this year's PyCon U.S.
>
>  The reason I had refused was because I thought whether it is good
>  for one to hold two somewhat related positions in two societies.

well since our society comes under PSF, it would be good that an Indian
representative in PSF has official standing in the local Indian body - good for
us and good for them. So since Anand C cannot be VP, you could take that with
the understanding that your main contribution will be as a PSF member and VP
here is mainly so that we can grow our society by pointing out this link with
PSF. btw, congratulations. So can we take it as read? now all we need is Vivek
Khurana's assent.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves