[Inpycon] Content distribution

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:32:47 CEST 2010

Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:50, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes. On a CD with an autorun. You put in the CD and it will start the
>> whole presentation.
>>
> What format will the files be in?  If they are embedded inside an EXE,
> than most Windows users won't want to use the CD either.  Well,
> atleast some if not most.  If the CD contains pdf, avi files then only
> the autorun feature won't run on Mac/Linux etc.

It will be an embedded application. I'm not sure about whether it will
be a separate file or embedded in the EXE.

> Are they going to record, process, and burn these CDs on the spot, so
> that people can pick them up as they go out?  Will they bring the
> recording equipment?

No to both questions. We record it and give them the video and
slides. They'll fix them up together into a single app and then take
orders from people at the venue. They'll take care of the logistics and
shipping.

> If the recording is being handled by someone else, then the only value
> they seem to be adding is to process and burn multiple CDs, but that
> is bundled with some weird Windows only format.

My qualms exactly.

> Do they expect some minimum number of sales?  Are you going to be
> paying them (with a discount kickback based on how many they sell?)

They don't expect a min. no. of sales. We'll negotiate the price if we
agree that this is useful.

> If you're taking a vote, I'd be -0 for this one.

That's a good summary. :)