[Inpycon] First cut of grand schedule

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 07:33:52 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM, स्वक्ष <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 14:00, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> [.......]
> > not very confident about sprints. Of course, we didn't advertise or
> > charge up people for that either so maybe...
>
> http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/2010/04/bugfixing-at-pyohio.html,
> since we have a few months to plan and discuss something similar? Any
> takers?

I have my doubts on such an effort clicking in India right now. Perhaps
for a week-end sprint of already networked Python hackers (like some in
this list for example), but for a conference such as this, this might not
work out.

Indian audience who are attending these confs typically like to listen,
take notes and go home to try stuff. In this years edition it would be
good if we can get a star pydev contributor to talk about the experience
in contributing to Python core. That will set the stage for bug-fixing
sprints in a future PyCon.

Maybe I am being conservative here, but I prefer taking small sure
steps that land well rather than the big leap that could land you
astray.

> --
> thanks and regards,
> vid || http://svaksha.com