[Inpycon] First cut of grand schedule

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 10:30:44 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> One concern :
>  FOSSConf I think requires people to register before we they can
> submit proposals.
>  These registrations are different from delegate registrations since I
> think they'd open up before early bird registrations for delegates.
>  How do we do this?
>
> I think August end is a little too late for final notification if the
> conf. is to be held in September. People will have just 3 weeks to get
> their slides/code in place. This is of course assuming that they're
> not uploading the whole deal but only an abstract.
>
> Perhaps we can make it like so
>
> June 1            : CFP announcement
> July 15            : Last date (gives 45 days to submit)
> By August 10  : Selection and final notification. If we parallelise
> the selection process, we do this quicker.
>
> What do you feel?[..]

Any further comments? Once we have a skeleton of the timeline in
place, we'll have a more concrete plan of action (something which we
didn't have last time).

Kausik and the others in Chennai did some research into the dates and
September 25/26 is a date when there are no festivals and other
clashes. Shall we freeze that as the official dates? Once that's done,
we can try to book the venue as well.

As for Vidya's comments on the sprints, we had a sprint slot last time
but most of the people just left and they packed up the wifi as well
so it didn't really happen. A longish conference leading to a sprint
marathon would be nice and I think workable but a 2 day event probably
wouldn't. I think we should just focus on an entire 2 days of talks
ending with a series of lightning talks. Based on last years show, I'm
not very confident about sprints. Of course, we didn't advertise or
charge up people for that either so maybe...

Comments?

--
~noufal