[Inpycon] Venue finalised (was Re: Venue Finalization)

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu Apr 22 15:32:05 CEST 2010

On Thursday 22 Apr 2010 4:57:56 pm Senthil Kumaran wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 04:46:02PM +0530, kausikram krishnasayee wrote:
> >
> > oh did i tell you that i am from chennai and helped the sponsorship team
> > wrap a couple of sponsors last year? ;)
>
> And I feel that, you just have be little bit more strong, Kausik. Or
> did you leave it as you saw that there was an inclination in holding
> it at blore? I meant for Pycon India at Chennai.

well I for one thought Chennai was a done deal. I mean we had zeroed in on two
venues and I had already fixed two backup venues. Whereas Bangalore had not
discussed venues at all. As for the poll, I never thought anyone would take it
seriously - I was addressing an audience of 300 python trainees at that time
and would have asked them all to vote if I had any inkling of this - which
would anyway have been wasted as only the first 100 votes could be counted.
Anyway, what is done is done - so let's go ahead and make this pycon a roaring
success. But one thing is sure - for 2011 I am going to make sure that every
element of the Chennai bid is in place before this conference so we announce
the venue for 2011 at the conference itself.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves