[Inpycon] Setting up the web site for Pycon 2010 {was Website Setup}

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Thu Apr 22 12:34:00 CEST 2010

On 04/22/2010 03:46 PM, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
> 2010/4/22 Noufal Ibrahim<noufal at gmail.com>:
>>  Does that mean the payment gateway thing will be put off till later? I
>>  think it would be excellent if the only thing left after may 1 is
>>  content on the site and configuration on cc avenue. Code to be
>>  developed later will introduce delays and one of the reasons I pushed
>>  for a deadline is so that we can get that out of the way and focus on
>>  other issues. It'd be pity to end up with a cool app but no conf to
>>  use it for.
>
> I think using doattend is straight forward. We don't have to integrate
> anything except adding a link to doattend website.
>
> They are charging 4.9% + Rs 15 = Rs. 25 (assuming Rs. 200 registration fee).
>
> http://doattend.com/pricing

*sigh*

Guys,
...if doattend is a easy thing to do and can be done in a day or two ...
...and we don't have the need for a functional payment gateway by May 1, ...
...and people are willing to put in time to code a functional payment gateway by
the time we really actually need it (although /maybe/ not by 1st May) ...

...why then is there this sense of urgency ?? If the fossconf payment gateway is
not ready by the time we need it (or a day before we need it, we'll just use
doattend).

what's with all the fuss of my way vs yours ?

cheers,
- steve
--
random new spiel: http://lonetwin.net/