[Inpycon] Registration system [was] Budget estimates

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:03:31 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 18:41, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  You will connect with ccavenue or paypal to run the website, you only
> use
> > the api for payment transaction. So your argument is mis-placed.
> >
> Here your conference management software will pass on the entire
> payment workflow to the other side.  Is your argument, as a Python
> programmer, is that using DoAttend is not low level enough an API? :)

 Our conference management system will do the following too

1) Store registered user information.
2) Provide reports on user registration.
3) Provide tickets/id cards to attendees.

OTOH doattend will not process only payments. It will do all of the above
too. If doattend is willing to process *only* payments, then it is okay.
>From doattend site, it appears they are not just payment processing system
but they are providing a complete, hosted event management system.
 Secondly, after having a second look at doattend website, I have concerns
with the privacy of the attendees. Do attend will have access to complete
information about all attendees and we do not know what they will do with
this data. Nowhere in the Terms and Conditions of doattend I can find a
promise that doattend will not sell the email and other personal information
to third parties.

regards
Vivek