[Inpycon] Venue Finalization {was} PyCon 2010 - Let's get started

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 08:43:43 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org>wrote:

> With this response, I strongly suggest having PyCon 2010 is Chennai. All of
> us who live in other cities should support them with logistics if they are
> short of local volunteers.
> Lets spread the event. It helps in spreading awareness. Not all the
> python-pros who live in Blr are form Bangalore. They are from all over the
> country!
> - sree

Practicality beats purity. Facts beats romantic notions.

My main issue with Chennai is,

   -

   Larger team of people in Bangalore
(BangPypers<http://wiki.python.org/moin/BangPypers>is more active than
   ChennaiPy <http://wiki.python.org/moin/ChennaiPy>).

The first point is quite important. How many people in Chennaipy feel
in their bones that they can run with the conference and make it a success?
What is the level of enthusiasm there - I haven't seen any indication
of this apart from the occasional post.

It is true that I had supported the call for Chennai earlier, but
considering
the history and the success we had last year plus the fact that the
core organizing group is here, plus the north indian factor would make
me swing to Bangalore. I am not sure how effective Noufal's leadership
would be if the conference is to be held in Chennai, that is another
concern.

--
--Anand