[Inpycon] Budget estimates

स्वक्ष vid at svaksha.com
Tue Apr 20 17:20:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 20:35, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM, स्वक्ष <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> [..]
>> 2. For 2010, getting speakers from outside India eats up 25% of the
>> budget estimates. Do we know for sure if these two speakers will pull
>> in the crowds and increase attendees beyond the budgeted 500 people?
>
> I'm against inviting speakers to "pull the crows and increase
> attendees". I find the idea repulsive and that's putting it mildly. I
> think the conference would be richer with their experience (since
> they've been involved with the language and community for longer than
> most of us).

Well most conferences invite foreign speakers to increase attendance
so.....*shrug*.  I concur with the "learning from experience" bit but
from the estimates you put up its a fairly large chunk of the budget.
To err on the conservative side, unless we have some figures or talk
to sponsors, how do we go ahead with this for 2010 or should we look
at this for 2011 when (I assume) the dust would have settled and there
would be more time to plan/budget.

--
thanks and regards,
vid || http://svaksha.com