[Inpycon] Venue Finalization {was} PyCon 2010 - Let's get started

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 15:13:44 CEST 2010

> I'm not in favour of this. I'd much prefer it to be a hardcore event
> with perhaps a track or a small session targetting newbies rather than
> the other way round. I don't want to water it down into a purely
> newbie event. The difference between RubyConf and PyCon in India was
> mainly at this point and in favour of the former.

At the end of it, it all boils down to the team behind it, and how they can
work around and negate disadvantages associated with the venue.

I would give a lot of importance to what sponsors want. Please understand
that sponsors look for value, and the venue does impact their decision.

The most important questions here are

1) Do we still have enthusiastic guys out there in Chennai or for that
matter any other city to take up the event? I am sorry to raise this
question, but somewhere I don't see the same kind of enthusiasm that I saw
in Q4 2009. Guys, please stand up and be counted....

2) Has anyone spoken to prospective sponsors and whether they would like to
sponsor a conference in Chennai or elsewhere? If so can we have feedback?

PS

Noufal

There are some banners, and some other material that's still lying in my car
boot left over at end of conference, which I have been carrying around
wherever I go. Can I drop it somewhere?

Ramdas