[Inpycon] Society Membership (was Re: volunteers needed)

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Apr 5 12:47:32 CEST 2010

On Monday 05 Apr 2010 4:12:35 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > we get support, like conference rooms for holding local python user group
> > meetings. They get recruits, and advertisement.
>
> Ah. That makes sense. This would be an ongoing thing independent of
> the conference itself wouldn't it? IT would be nice to have a well
> connected person or two leading this. A publicity in charge of sorts..

the point is that with corporate presence we can build up a corpus and run the
conference from the interest from that. No more going around begging for
sponsors. Getting a matching grant from the (state) and central governments is
fairly easy as long as we show transparency in operation and corporate
support.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves