[Inpycon] pycon in september or postpone(?) [was] Status of registration

स्वक्ष vid at svaksha.com
Sat Apr 3 14:41:39 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 15:12, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Soon finish" is what we wanted to do six months ago. I don't know
> what other hurdles we will have to face. The important points are that
> it's not done yet and we don't know when it will be.

[.........]

> Work on the last conference began in late April/early May of 2009.
> We're roughly in the same period of time right now and our ambitions
> are higher.
> There were lots of problems with the last event which sprung primarily
> from a lack of time and I'm not looking forward to repeating every
> single mistake again.

Gee, lets not get too pessimistic. Considering that its a bunch of
volunteers trying to do things with minimum f2f, maximum transparency
(as possible) via impersonal online communications, its pretty good
progress.

Since you were leading the organisational effort last year you'd know
what mistakes to avoid so please list them out so we can discuss how
to minimise it and do better this time. Why dont we start with a list
of activities that would (should?) be undertaken by Chennai
volunteers. They'd be in a better position to comment on the city,
their organising requirements (catering, banners, t-shirt, etc...) or
venue (which needs a date and we are still discussing if we should
postpone :/).
While on it we also need to be more organised like this :
http://us.pycon.org/2010/about/staff/. Lets ping for volunteers in
advance and to minimise MIA situations keep 2-3 people for key roles.

--
vid || http://svaksha.com