[Inpycon] server reconfiguration

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Oct 20 07:26:15 CEST 2009

On Monday 19 Oct 2009 9:20:09 pm Anand Chitipothu wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>
wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 Oct 2009 10:12:19 am Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> >> I am reconfiguring, my box to use nginx instead of apache, so the server
> >> may not respond too well today.
> >
> > server is up - much faster now, but still need it to go to 2009
>
> Kenneth, please fix this ASAP. This change broke all the earlier URLs
> and page rank of the website will go down because of this.

what is the future of this site? I personally feel that inpycon should get a
vps of it's own and host this and subsequent sites - we have funds for a
couple of years at least. Later we could go for a dedicated server. If we have
a vps dedicated to the conference then we can indulge in the luxury of having
more than one server admin, which will prevent the failure that due to us
having the single point of failure stuck in a car in Mandya in the rain.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves