[Inpycon] [PSF-Members] [x-post] Register 'Pycon-India' or 'Python-India'?

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Wed Oct 14 17:01:59 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net> wrote:
>> What negative consequences are you concerned about, in the case where you
>> take on the broader mandate?[..]
>
> The default consensus here AFAIK is to register it as "Python India"
> but we were thinking if this has any legal ramifications vis a. vis
> the PSF.

My (layman's) opinion is that the only sense in which the PSF can
"conflict" with your plan is by denying you use of the trademark. But
that's unlikely. I think that we should certainly support you either
way you choose. I don't speak for the PSF, but that's my opinion.

If you choose the broader mandate, you might want to adopt the PSF's
mandate statement:

http://www.python.org/psf/

 Paul Prescod