[Inpycon] Society updates

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed Nov 4 07:41:40 CET 2009

On Wednesday 04 Nov 2009 11:56:15 am Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves
>
> <lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 Nov 2009 11:40:09 am Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> >>    I've been in touch with the lawyer about the society and he's sent
> >> me a draft of the Society registration document. I've put it here
> >> http://nibrahim.net.in/Noufal-Society.doc rather than attaching it to
> >> this email.
> >
> > this person is charging 5K to give you an unedited copy of a building
> > apartment society document?
>
> I believe that's the total fees to be paid to him after the society
> is registered. His total fees (not just for the doc).

look at this:
http://www.karmayog.com/ros.htm
all we need is a very simple couple of documents complying with this. I see
that for an all india character one needs 8 people from 8 different states. I
also see that the registration fee is 50 rupees. So give him a draft in plain
language of the points we want. Scientific society/promotion of python/ conduct
of annual pycon - that is enough. Power to operate bank accounts. Who is to
operate them. Yearly elections. No office bearer except treasurer to hold office
for more than two terms. apart from this, any statutory requirements. Thats
all. Keep it simple. If he takes trouble over crafting this carefully, he is
worth 5K else he is not worth 2 paise.

> > And what is the 15K for? AFAIK a society
> > registration takes only a few hundred rupees. (I haven't done one for
> > some years, but I do know it does not take 15K). Lawyers are supposed to
> > be paid for 'application of mind'. It does not look like this gentleman
> > has done so.
>
> I'll get back to him on this and let you know what he says.

max a few thousand (given that this is Bangalore). I have got pvt ltd
companies registered at a comparable cost to what he is quoting.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves