[Inpycon] Website bugs

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Sun May 31 08:27:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

     I see a long list of website issues being posted to this
list. The thing that concerns me is would Kenneth and his
team be able to track everything via this mailing list ?

A mailing list is not meant for posting and following up
such issues. It can at best be used as a discussion forum
. I don't think it is a good idea to continue posting issues
to the list.

Can a Trac or similar issue tracker be added to the site
quickly to take care of this ? Otherwise, we could simply
create a google code project and use it only to track
issues without using it to manage the code.

Of course, the negative of this is that this can become
a mini project of its own and we could get side-tracked
and lose focus. However considering the amount of issues
being reported, this seems to be happening someway in
the mailing list itself.

We need to iron out all major issues with the website and
templates/CSS etc within 2-3 weeks max and open it
up by June end at least. Otherwise we could get derailed.

If not a tracker, at least a progress report should be maintained
somewhere which lists all issues and its criticality, status etc.
It could even be a Wiki on the python.org site.

However without tracking these issues, I don't see we are
going anywhere.

-Anand